I feel like, since I use this blog to reflect on myself, it tends to come across as a little negative. When things are going well, I don’t feel the need to reflect as extensively. So overall it might seem that I come across as a little bit down on myself and down on my career. This isn’t an accurate depiction of my attitude. So I thought I would make a list of what I like about being a teacher.
- Other teachers. I like being in a career where everyone is supportive of the success of others.
- Students. Oh yeah, speaking of being supportive of the success of others…
- A regular schedule. Sure, it’s not exactly a 9 to 5, but it is nice to have a pretty set schedule. (And a regular paycheck!) And yet…
- Every day is different. Classes rotate, lesson plans change, and every now and then — birthday treats! It just doesn’t get boring. If you have a bad day, at least you can count on the next day being different!
- Teaching. Last but not certainly not least, I sincerely enjoy the work that I do.
I could go into more detail about any of these list items, and perhaps I will. But for now, ta-ta!